Friday, November 9, 2018

toldinstone: History through buildings and monuments

toldinstone: History through buildings and monuments
My name is Garrett Ryan. I was fortunate enough to travel extensively while doing research for a PhD in Greek and Roman History. After I finished my doctorate and was hired by the University of Michigan, these experiences inspired a course called “A History of the Mediterranean World in the Fifteen Buildings.” The success of that class led me to create toldinstone.com.

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all images on this site are my own photographs or in the public domain. If, however, you encounter an image that you believe violates Section 107 of the US Copyright Act, please do not hesitate to inform me via the contact form on this site.

City Histories

 A History of Rome in Fifteen Buildings


Building Essays

Ten Buildings in Turkey

1. The Walls of Herakleia (Kapıkırı, Muğla Province)
2. Mren Cathedral (near Karabağ, Kars Province)


Walking Tours

The Mediterranean World





No comments:

Post a Comment