After a couple of intermediate releases, EVT version 1.0 is finally available! There are many new features in this version:
Go download it and check for yourself on the SourceForge site. For more information about how to use and/or customize EVT please refer to the EVT Manual included in the archive you downloaded, just look in the “doc” folder.
- a full text search engine, with result highlighting in the text frame;
- support for named entities: name highlighting in the edition text, browsable full lists with links to single documents;
- support for <listPlace> and <listPerson> elements;
- support for diplomatic documents (regesto) and for general information about specific texts;
- support for bibliography, manuscript and project information;
- User Interface localization;
- lots of bugs fixed!
Please send all feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you: bug reports, suggestions, even your general impressions about how EVT has worked for you are more than welcome. If you want to check an actual edition made with EVT, possibly showing all the latest features, the excellent Codice Pelavicino Digitale  is just what you want to browse.