EAGLE aims to build a multi-lingual online collection of millions of digitised items from European museums, libraries, archives and multi-media collections, which deal with inscriptions from the Greek and Roman World. The aim of the network is to make available the vast majority of the surviving inscriptions of the Greco-Roman world, complete with the essential information about them and with a series of peer-reviewed translations in several European languages. These are notoriously unavailable for inscriptions, as photos.
This Mediawiki is designed to give a tool to anyone interested in bridging this gap and contributing translations of inscriptions, either by providing groups of translations or providing new ones. Mediawiki is the software installed on the EAGLE website, and it uses the additional extension Wikibase to produce seamlessly for users, machine readable data.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Translations
- 2.1 Attic Inscriptions Online
- 2.2 Inscriptions of Roman Tripolitania
- 2.3 Hispania Epigraphica Online (part)
- 2.4 Ubi erat Lupa
- 2.5 Inscriptions from Brigetio
- 2.6 Inscriptions from Dacia
- 2.7 Inscriptions of Aphrodisias
- 2.8 Petrae
- 2.9 Epigraphic Database Roma
- 2.10 Epigraphic Database Bari
- 2.11 Last Statues of Antiquity
- 2.12 Roman Inscriptions of Britain
- 3 Browse by...
- 4 Contacts
- 5 Back to Eagle Project Website