Monday, June 27, 2016

Following Hadrian Photography

Following Hadrian Photography
My name is Carole and I live in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. My favourite hobby is travelling and for the last 9 years I have taken a huge interest in the history of the ancient world. I usually don’t do things by halves, so I have dedicated all my free time to this passion. I love to share with other history fans all the incredible facts and stories that I discover throughout my journeys. I am neither a professional photographer nor an ancient history scholar, but I hope that everybody can enjoy my photos.

I am particularly interested in everything related to the emperor Hadrian whom I find fascinating. He was himself an incessant traveller, visiting every province in the Empire during his reign. When I am looking for new ideas for my travels I usually take inspiration from his journeys and it is a great motivation for me to follow him in his footsteps.

Four years ago I started my blog Following Hadrian to tell the stories behind my photographs. As I cannot write specific articles about each of the places I have visited, I decided to create this new website to share more images of the great archaeological sites and museums I have been lucky to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment