Lexicon of Greek Personal Names LGPN
The Lexicon of Greek Personal Names (LGPN) was established to collect and publish all ancient Greek personal names,drawing on the full range of written sources from the 8th century B.C. down to the late Roman Empire.
- The project: the origin and purpose of LGPN.
- Publications: details of published volumes including name lists and statistics; forthcoming volumes, associated works.
- LGPN online:
- Ancient Greek names: an introduction, including their formation and development, and our sources for them. We also have a little information about modern Greek names.
- Greek Names in English: routes taken from originally Greek names to the modern English
- LGPN-Ling (Linguistic Analysis of Greek Personal Names) NEW
- Announcements: latest publication, new additions to the site, developments, news and events.
- Contact details: staff and the Advisory Committee.