A project by Franco Montanari
Aristarchus (from the name of the learned scholar Aristarchus of Samothracia, not to get confused with the astronomer Aristarchus of Samos) is a web site which includes a set of working tools for research and teaching in the subject area of Greek and Latin ancient world:
- The Lessico dei Grammatici Greci Antichi (LGGA) i.e. Lexicon of Ancient Greek Grammarians, provides an online reference database designed particularly for studies on the history of ancient philology, grammar and scholarship. The project is developed at the Dipartimento di Archeologia e Filologia Classica (D.AR.FI.CL.ET.) of the University of Genova. The lexicon consists of files on the personalities who variously contributed to erudite and philological-grammatical research in ancient world. Many files are yet available for download in pdf format, some others can be requested via e-mail.
- The database Poorly Attested Words in Ancient Greek (PAWAG) is a supplement in progress of the main printed dictionaries of Ancient Greek. It is kept constantly increased and updated by an international team of scholars, in order to provide an archive of Ancient Greek words that are either only scantily attested (i.e. in a small number of occurrences), inadequately (i.e. characterized by some sort of uncertainty) or in any case problematically, both from a formal and semantic point of view. Corrections and improvements concerning the entries of the GI and LSJ dictionaries are taken in too. This project is coordinated by a research group of the Dipartimento di Archeologia e Filologia Classica (D.AR.FI.CL.ET.) of the University of Genova in partnership with Loescher Editore.
- The Catalogus Philologorum Classicorum (CPhCl) is an encyclopaedic lexicon that collects the biographies and the bibliographies of modern classical scholars. It involves an international network of local units; they are coordinated by the central unit, hosted by the Dipartimento di Archeologia e Filologia Classica (D.AR.FI.CL.ET.) of the University of Genova.
- The Centro Italiano dell'Année Philologique (CIAPh) is the Italian editorial office of the Année Philologique, the well known reference bibliography for scholars of Greek and Latin antiquity. Founded in Paris in 1928, the Année Philologique counts on an international organization, networking the main office of Paris, the Italian Centre of Genova, Cincinnati for the USA and UK, Heidelberg for Germany and Austria, Granada for Spain, producing every year a printed volume and an on-line database.
- The aim of the site Scholia Minora in Homerum is to provide up-to-date listing, descriptions, editions and digital images of the so-called Scholia Minora to the Iliad and Odyssey on papyrus. We project to keep the list of papyri up-to-date and to offer editions with apparatus of parallel passages of all the papyri.
- MEDIACLASSICA is a web site for didactics of the ancient Greek and Latin languages, carried out by a group of scholars and teachers working in the Dipartimento di Archeologia e Filologia Classica (D.AR.FI.CL.ET.) of the University of Genova in partnership with Loescher Editore.
- Sito accessibile [F]
- English version [Z]