The Scientific & Educational Centre for Classical Studies at Yaroslavl State University (Russia) resumes acceptance of papers for the web-conference «Ancient Civilization: Political Institutions and Legal Regulation» which is currently conducted on the Centre’s website. The format of the event is a forum-like discussion of presented papers. All professors, PhD students and qualified scholars in Classical Studies are invited to participate.
Taking into consideration results of the conference “first phase”, we would like to emphasize, that a participant, whose paper has been accepted, must sign up on the website. We strongly recommend that all presenters check from time to time the page with their work and answer the comments. It is also supposed that those, whose papers are posted, will participate in discussion of other papers. (All comments, written in Russian, we will translate into English.)
It is planned to publish the conference proceedings.
- Papers (in English) are to be submitted by the 31st of March 2012 and will be posted right after their acceptance.
- Length of a paper: up to 20,000 characters.
- Abstract of approximately 1,500 characters is required (it will be further translated into Russian).
- State your first name, family name, current position, affiliation, mailing (postal) address, e-mail address.
Please, email your papers to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are welcome to specify any information by using this e-mail address.
SUMMARIES OF THE PAPERS WRITTEN IN RUSSIAN*:
- Voloshin D. Gladiatorial Combats as Political Mass Spectacle and Instrument of “Social Training”.
- Gouschin V. Ephialtes versus Areopagus.
- Danilov E. Tranquility of the Soul in Interpretation of the Roman Citizens.
- Dementyeva V. Die Legaten-Proquästoren in der Römischen Republik am Ende 3. Jh. -1 Jh. V. Chr.
- Nefedkin A. Recruitment and Organization of Cavalry in Aetolian League.
- Surikov I. What was the Name of the Supreme Government Body in the Democratic Athenian Polis?
- Frolov R. The Designations of the Roman Non-Voting Public Meetings in Livy’s Work: the contio and Its Derivatives
*While reading a summary, select «РУССКИЙ» in the top right corner of the page to see the full version of the paper in Russian