Saturday, March 13, 2021

Market of Mass Destruction

My name is Neil Brodie. I am an archaeologist by training, and I have held positions at the British School at Athens, the McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research at the University of Cambridge, where I was Research Director of the Illicit Antiquities Research Centre, Stanford University’s Archaeology Center, and the Scottish Centre for Crime and Justice Research at the University of Glasgow. I have been researching the illicit trade in cultural objects since 1997. I was co-author (with Jennifer Doole and Peter Watson) of the report Stealing History, commissioned by the Museums Association and ICOM-UK. I also co-edited Archaeology, Cultural Heritage, and the Antiquities Trade (with Morag Kersel, Christina Luke and Kathryn Walker Tubb, 2006), Illicit Antiquities: The Theft of Culture and the Extinction of Archaeology (with Kathryn Walker Tubb, 2002), and Trade in Illicit Antiquities: The Destruction of the World’s Archaeological Heritage (with Jennifer Doole and Colin Renfrew, 2001).

No comments:

Post a Comment