Statement of Purpose and Document Inclusion Policy
The Avalon Project will mount digital documents relevant to the fields of Law, History, Economics, Politics, Diplomacy and Government. We do not intend to mount only static text but rather to add value to the text by linking to supporting documents expressly referred to in the body of the text.
The Avalon Project will no doubt contain controversial documents. Their inclusion does not indicate endorsement of their contents nor sympathy with the ideology, doctrines, or means employed by their authors. They are included for the sake of completeness and balance and because in many cases they are by our definition a supporting document.
4000bce - 399
- Acilian Law on the Right to Recovery of Property Officially Extorted, 122 B.C.
- Agrarian Law; 111 B.C.
- The Athenian Constitution
- Charter of Urso, 44 B.C.
- Code of Hammurabi
- Edicts of Augustus and Decree of the Senate on the Judicial Process in Cyrene, 64 B.C.
- Julian Law on Agrarian Matters, 58(?) B.C.
- Law of Caesar on Municipalities, 44 B.C.
- The Twelve Tables; 450BC
400 - 1399
- Anglo-Saxon Chronicle
- Anglo-Saxon Law - Extracts From Early Laws of the English.
- Assize of Clarendon, 1166
- The Bull of Pope Adrian IV Empowering Henry II to Conquer Ireland. A.D. 1155
- Capitulary of Charlemagne Issued in the Year 802
- Confirmation of the Charters, 1297
- Constitutions of Clarendon, 1164
- Count Palatinate as Judge Over the Kings. Decree of the Nuremberg Diet, November 19, 1274
- The Declaration of Arbroath; April 6, 1320
- Decree of the Emperor Henry IV Concerning a Truce of God (1085 A.D.)
- The Dialogue Concerning the Exchequer. circa 1180
- The Establishment of the Duchy of Austria; September 17, 1156
- The Foundation of the University of Heidelberg AD. 1386
- The Gelnhausen Charter; April 13, 1180 A.D.
- The Golden Bull of the Emperor Charles IV 1356 A.D.
- Laws of Richard I (Coeur de Lion) Concerning Crusaders Who Were to Go by Sea. 1189 A.D.
- Laws of the Kings, 753 - 510 B.C.
- Laws of William the Conqueror
- Magna Carta, 1215
- The Manner of Holding Parliament
- History Of The Britons (Historia Brittonum) by Nennius Translated by J. A. Giles
- The Ordinance of Louis the Pius - Division of the Empire of the Year 817
- Ordinance of William I, Separating the Spiritual and Temporal Courts.
- Peace of the Land Established by Frederick Barbarossa Between 1152 and 1157 A.D.
- The Salic Law
- Statute of Edward I Concerning the Buying and Selling of Land (Quai emptores); 1290
- The Statute of Laborers; 1351
- Statute of Mortmain; November 15, 1279
- Treaty at Aix Between Louis II and Charles the Bald Concerning the Division of the Kingdom of Lothar II A.D. 870.