Syriac Reference Portal
Welcome to the Syriac Reference Portal Demo Page!Below are links demonstrating the reference tools we are building.
Please note that this site is still under construction. If you encounter broken links, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
You will find a general discussion of the Portal and its aims here:
You will find a sample article with live text and a prosopography entry here:
Mock up demos (i.e. not live text) of the same are available here:
- Philoxenos of Mabbug Sample Article (This article may be locked if we are testing the site.)
The bibliography module for the site is in progress here:
We are also partnering with Beth Mardutho, the Syriac Institute to create an online publication repository:
Sample entries for our manuscript catalogue (using TEI/ENRICH) are here:
Finally, we are partnering with OCLC World Cat to create a Syriac authority file (or list of Syriac authors).
- Syriac Manuscript Catalogue Sample TEI Entry 1
- Syriac Manuscript Catalogue Sample TEI Entry 2
- Syriac Manuscript Catalogue Sample TEI Entry 3
Thank you for your interest!
- Virtual International Authority File (Collaborator Website)
- Syriac Extension of Viaf (search for "Philoxenos")
-David Michelson, project director
Postscript for the curious: The acronym of the Portal (SRP) when rendered in Syriac as above spells "srophe" or seraphim.