The Scientific & Educational Centre for Classical Studies at Yaroslavl State University (Russia) resumes acceptance of papers for the web-conference «Ancient Civilization: Political Institutions and Legal Regulation» which is currently conducted on the Centre’s website. The format of the event is a forum-like discussion of presented papers. All professors, PhD students and qualified scholars in Classical Studies are invited to participate.
PAPERS IN ENGLISH:
- Giarelli L. “Res publica Camunnorum”: a small Roman Republic in the Alps.
- Varga R. “Constitutio Antoniniana. Law and Individual in a Time of Change.
- Filonik J. “Athenian Laws on Impiety – Some Notes on the Procedures.
- Zacharski M. “The Normative Aspect of the Concept of φύσις and the Origin of the Naturalistic Fallacy.
SUMMARIES OF THE PAPERS WRITTEN IN RUSSIAN*:
- Voloshin D. Gladiatorial Combats as Political Mass Spectacle and Instrument of “Social Training”.
- Gouschin V. Ephialtes versus Areopagus.
- Danilov E. Tranquility of the Soul in Interpretation of the Roman Citizens.
- Dementyeva V. Die Legaten-Proquästoren in der Römischen Republik am Ende 3. Jh. -1 Jh. V. Chr.
- Malyugin O. Administrative Division of Late Roman Britain and the Problem of the Province of Valentia in Anglo-American Historiography.
- Nefedkin A. Recruitment and Organization of Cavalry in Aetolian League.
- Nikolayev N. On Reconstruction of the Dedication Formula of the Olbian Molpoi
- Surikov I. What was the Name of the Supreme Government Body in the Democratic Athenian Polis?
- Frolov R. The Designations of the Roman Non-Voting Public Meetings in Livy’s Work: the contio and Its Derivatives
- Tsimbal O. The Theoric Board in the System of Athenian Financial Offices in the 4th Century B.C.
- Shmeleva L. The Formation of the ius fetiale in the Ancient Rome (8th-6th Centuries B.C.).
*While reading a summary, select «РУССКИЙ» in the top right corner of the page to see the full version of the paper in Russian