The Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) is an international organization that, through leadership and innovation, promotes the adoption, creation, use, dissemination and preservation of electronic theses and dissertations. The NDLTD encourages and supports the efforts of institutes of higher education and their communities to develop electronic publishing and digital libraries (including repositories), thus enabling them to share knowledge more effectively in order to unlock the potential benefits worldwide.A large number of Theses and Dissertations dealing with antiquity are accessible at the NDLTD. Use the following tools to search for your favorite keywords, etc.
Search tools developed for the NDLTD Union CatalogScirus ETD Search
A comprehensive scientific research tool from Elsevier, Scirus ETD Search provides an advanced search that can narrow results to theses and dissertations as well as provide access to related scholarly resources.
This is a dynamic search and discovery platform with sophisticated functionality. You can sort by relevance, title, and date. In the current implementation, faceted searches are available by language, continent, country, date, format and source institution. Additional facets, such as subjects or departments, can be added if desired.
Other dissertation repositories cited in AWOL include:
- ArchaeologicalTraces.org: DISSERTATIONS ARCHIVE SERIES
- Catalogue of Russian Dissertations
- DART-Europe E-theses Portal
- Digital Islam: 971 Islamic Studies Ph.D. theses
- Dissertations in Ancient Near Eastern Studies Approved by the Department of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations, The University of Chicago
- ETHoS: Electronic Thesis Online Service
- Institute of Nautical Archaeology, Texas A and M University: Alumni Theses and Dissertations
- Open Access Archaeology Theses from Leicester
- Open Access Dissertations at University of Pretoria
- Open Access Dissertations in Ancient Studies - Munich
- Open Access Paleoanthropology Dissertations
- Open Access ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT Open)
- Recent Doctoral Theses Online from Institute of Archaeology, UCL