STAR accepts papers utilising any of the array of scientific and computational techniques available to archaeologists, including, but not limited to:
STAR incorporates a ‘Short Reports’ section, which provides rapid publication of important methodological advances. Editorial decision and publication times will be shorter for this feature.
- Archaeological materials science
- Airborne remote sensing, geophysical techniques and imaging
- Artefact conservation and restoration methods
- Biological and biochemical approaches
- Environmental approaches
- Forensic archaeology
- Heritage studies and conservation methods
- Mathematical modelling, computational analyses and virtual reality
- Scientific dating including geochronological approaches
- Spatial analysis and GIS
- Underwater archaeological methods
STAR encourages authors to link to full datasets archived appropriately for long-term access as well as to submit any supplementary data and media necessary for a full understanding of the article.
See the full List of Open Access Journals in Ancient Studies